Thursday, October 11, 2018

National Coming Out Day


tomorrow


three years ago tomorrow
frozen with fear
i told the truth.
their broken hearts
shot splinters
through my flesh
and i bled shame.
i harvested memories
and guarded them as secrets
some still kept hidden
in my darkest corners.

tomorrow
dressed in dignity
i will tell the truth
like i did yesterday
and the day before.
tomorrow
i will hope again
that their jigsaw hearts
have been reconstructed
enough to keep me
when i scatter their pieces.

tomorrow tomorrow
brimming with change
i will yell the truth
at the top of my lungs
and see   m  y  s  e  l  f   at last
in the mirror
where   m  e   was held captive
for the hefty ransom
of my every waking moment.
tomorrow will arrive
screeching like a falcon
and so shall i.



No comments:

Post a Comment