Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Flashback to my emo days...

Happy Tuesday!
 I'm sitting in a comfy chair in the library, drinking a caramel latte, and wearing festive Christmas socks. Before I head off to my Holocaust Literature class (ooh, ahh) I thought I might post another poem.
This is another old one I found the other day on a random piece of printer paper mixed into a large pile of secondhand sight-singing books. I have no idea when I wrote this poem, but I imagine it was sometime during my sophomore year of high school when I thought everything was romantically tragic. Silly me. Anyway, enjoy this untitled poem about some sort of inner turmoil I was feeling as a 15 year old.


Untitled. Date unknown.

Eclectic bodies and
Alien hearts and
Foreign concepts and
Unworldly thoughts

Whatever turns heads
Turns the world 'round
Gravity pulls us back to our beds
But we take you all over town

Hiding around the corner
A piece of the galaxy sleeps
Dressed in business formal
Disguised as the daughter who weeps

She lies waiting
Speaking in tongues only she understands
Always


1 comment: