Thursday, January 5, 2017

First Comes Love, Then Comes Marriage

Happy Thursday!

I am currently sitting in the backseat of my dad's pickup, hurtling down I-80. It's wedding time. My brother, Garrett, is getting married in just a couple of days and I'm doing my best to fulfill my self-assigned role of "Person Who Avoids Creating Even More Stress" in the next 72 hours. All the wedding preparations aside, I'm very excited to see family and friends at this weekend's festivities.
After all the fancy schmancy events surrounding marriage and such, I'll be returning to UNI! Classes begin on Monday and I have never been more excited to go back to school. I miss my pals.

Wiiiiiiithout further ado, here are a couple short poems.


twenty too many. 1/5/17

i think
i’ll regret
living in a time
that didn’t
hold on
to anything.
the only thing
this time 
will be remember for
is being
too many things.




thrift store souvenirs. 1/5/17

i wear sweaters
that make me look
like i’ve lived.
they make me look
like i’ve been.
they make me seem
like i’ve seen.
maybe if i wear
a sweater
that’s travelled,
i’ll feel like
i’ve travelled
too.


No comments:

Post a Comment