Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Today wasn't a snow day and I'm upset.

Happy Tuesday!

If you read my last post and were concerned, fear not. My crisis has subdued.

After a 3 day weekend of working and being stuck in my room due to an ice storm, we are back to classes. I had sincerely hoped they would cancel classes today, but good old UNI hasn't had a snow day in 1.7 million years.

Note: I have lost count of the times I have almost fallen on my face after slipping on the icy sidewalk.

As my motivation to do anything is dwindling in the single digits, I haven't written any new poems lately. I hope you all enjoy this poem I wrote back in December.


in the winter. 12/8/16

when the wind takes a breath
and the soft laughter
of the cold air
falls in shining pieces,
i should take your hand
though we both shiver.
i should hold you
to keep you warm
when the wind once again runs
and our faces grow red
with stinging chill
and laughter.
i should.


No comments:

Post a Comment