Tuesday, December 13, 2016

All poetry BOGO!!! Today only!!!

Happy Tuesday!

It's finals week here at UNI. Yay. With finals week comes a whole lot of sitting around in the "intensified quiet hours" of the residence halls, which is more than enough to make me a bit stir-crazy. But I just got back to my room from getting a little back massage and petting puppies at the student de-stress event in the union, I've got my coffee in hand, and I'm ready to share some poetry.

I wrote a lot of poetry last night. Like... at least 5. So I think I'll share a couple of them with you today. Sound good? I hope so, because I'm going to do it. You're welcome.


I'm struggling with a title for this one. 12/12/16

Soft nest,
bird perched
among soft light
composing his song
for tomorrow's dawn
as he chirps
silently in his head
imagining a dawn
of red and purple
to sing aloud his tune
set under gentle yellow glow
Above, the robin rests
for morning fast approaches
but the little bird
in his soft nest
sits awake, heart full
of music and light
in the dark night.
His mind stirs with 
melodies for the daylight.


---------------------------------------------------------


Always, Present. 12/12/16


Dear Former,

I am well. I am better.
I am home.
We searched so long, and I found it.
I find rescue in lines and ink, now.
I know you were looking for a hero.
I am finding love in all the right ways.
I am among many, and I hold few close,
but this is nothing new.
The change lies in the few -
they are true, Former. True. 
I am still doubtful, Former.
My worst habits remain.
I am still searching sometimes.
But, Former, I am well.
I am better.

Always,
Present

No comments:

Post a Comment