Tuesday, December 20, 2016

PSA: PUPPIES ARE ADORABLE

Happy Tuesday!

Today's poem is pretty late. My apologies. Without the structured schedule of school, it's hard to remember what day it is, what year it is, what planet I'm on... things of that nature.
I've been spending some time lately with a couple little doggos named Lizzie and Bodie (big thanks to the Bensons) and I am thoroughly in love. One thing they don't tell you about college is that you will be completely deprived of contact with little fluffy friends. I've decided I'm going to kidnap the little puppers and keep them for my own. Don't worry, I've informed the Bensons of this plan. They don't approve, but if I flee the country there's no way they can stop me. Perfect.

Anyway, here's an eclectic poem I just wrote within the past 15 minutes while cuddling with Bodie and remembering that I was supposed to post a poem today and realizing I didn't have my notebook around. Behold.


Tension? 12/20/16

We didn’t talk
Our eyes met
I think
But there wasn’t a word
And that’s fine.
It was too loud, anyway.
All the sound 
left me feeling sunburnt
and stirred.
Sometimes
you pull at my fingertips
but the rest of me
is left unbothered.
It’s all just part
of the ghost town
these days.
I’m older now. 




No comments:

Post a Comment