Tuesday, December 6, 2016

It's been a while.

Happy Tuesday!

It's been a few days, hasn't it? I decided this morning, after realizing I haven't been posting every day, that I will be posting on Tuesdays and Thursdays only. It is on these days that I have an hour to sit on a cozy couch in the library with a cup of coffee and feel inspired. So there you have it.

Today's poem is quite simply a list. I have been trying to create a habit of mindfully recognizing one thing that I enjoy about life each day. Too often I get so swept up in my day-to-day events that I forget to stop and appreciate the fact that I exist in this world. How cool is that? Especially around finals, I think it is really important to take a moment and think about all the great things that exist for us to enjoy. So the following is a small portion of the things I love about being alive. Enjoy.


A Happy List. 12/6/16

Late nights with good friends
Light reflected on water
Genuine laughter
Crunching leaves
Brisk air
Unexpected beauty
Spontaneous adventures
Warm sunlight on a cold day
Deep sounds
City lights
Soft blankets
The shady spot by the art building
The smell of clean laundry
Nicknames
Hot coffee
Cozy sweaters
People with passion
New beginnings


No comments:

Post a Comment