Thursday, December 1, 2016

Jeans off, footie pajamas on.

Happy Thursday!

I'm sitting in my comfy chair wearing red striped footie pajamas and talking to my best pal/roommate Lauren (who was just cast in UNI's production of Into the Woods!!! I'm so proud of you, bud!!!) after a long day of speaking and singing. A cup of tea and some poetry sounded like a good way to relax, so tonight I'm sharing with you a poem that was written a few weeks ago while hanging out with some friends on a Saturday night. They were intrigued by a bona fide Teen who actually wrote poetry. Like, for real. So they said, "Dude, you should write one right now. Just write a poem." And this is what transpired.


Untitled. 11/12/16

Now every smile seems more cordial,
every laugh seems more sincere,
and I look for a face that will behold mine with adoration
for now I see the world as a constellation
where every life lies - every life coincides
and we all meet each other at the same coordinate.
Maybe I'll find another constellation to engulf me - my last seems so far.
Let's be stars, let's be planets, 
let's be alive in parallel existence
and intersect in all the right places



No comments:

Post a Comment